Journey of Quilting

Orange + Purple
good

Our latest Do. Good Stitches quilt for Wrap Them in Love is finished!
The design and the colors were up to me and then each member contributed two wonky orange and purple log cabin blocks. I wanted some colors that were a stretch for me personally and I love how it came together.
As the quilter for this quilt, I loved getting blocks in the mail, opening them up, and seeing all the fun fabric and interpretations of the wonky block. For me, the most challenging part of this bee isn't the design but rather communicating a vision and then assembling the blocks made by such talented and diverse quilters.
I quilted this quilt with double straight lines along the seams of the blocks. I love free motion quilting but this quilt was quite... ummm... busy and didn't need any extra quilting to distract from the vibrant colors and movement of the blocks. I'm glad that I went with straight lines because it came out of the dryer soft and a just a little bit fluffy. Perfect for a needy child...

do good

I'm pretty sure that I've said it before but I just love this bee. We are a group of quilters who contribute our time, talent, money and fabric to benefit people in need that we most likely don't even know. And a word about the fabric... what everyone contributes is amazing. These are not bottom of the scrap bin quilts. Heather Ross, Denyse Schmidt, Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, are just some of the designer fabrics that continually go into these quilts. I doubt that almost any recipient will ever know a single fabric designer print by name but coming from fabric lovers, it's apparent how special these quilts are to each of us.

Thank you to each one of the bee stitchers, this is another beautiful and soon-to-be well loved quilt!
Happy Fabric Tuesday!