Journey of Quilting

Metro Living yardage from Marmalade Fabrics
marma

I was down with a stomach bug yesterday but fortunately it was just the 24 hour variety. So while I was feeling sorry for myself and my stomach look what appeared in my mailbox!

I instantly felt better. I wonder if Steve would believe that 9 out of 10 doctors recommend new fabric for sickness??

rings

Metro Living yardage from Marmalade Fabrics
I bought the White Rings on Pewter a few weeks ago and loved them so much that I went back for more. I'm also loving the two colors I'm missing plus Tammy has Essex Linen now. I am seeing another order in my near future. *cough cough sneeze* I think I need some more fabric!

I have been making a concerted effort to add more use-able fabrics to my stash. I am drawn to the gorgeous larger scale prints but sometimes those aren't the most practical for making a quilt out of. So once I organized my stash it became very clear what I was lacking. The basics... the polka dots, smaller scale prints, solids, stripes, etc... all the fabrics you need to pair with the beautiful large scale prints.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I will be working on a tutorial to show ya'll how I made my zig zag quilt in between other projects and a busy weekend...