Journey of Quilting

Have a Stitchin' Weekend {project}

I should have ironed better but it was late...
I have been meaning to make some fabric grocery bags for a long time. I grocery shop weekly and I almost hang my head in shame when they bag my stuff in the plastic bags. But not this coming weekend!

I have been sewing with Keyka Lou patterns for several years now and I have never been disappointed with one of her designs. Her patterns have great pictures and easy to follow instructions. She also has a great blog with additional tutorials and tips for almost all her patterns. So when I was ready to make some grocery bags, I headed to her site and downloaded her Reusable Grocery Bag pattern.

Start to finish, it took me 40 minutes to make this bag and that includes picking out and cutting the fabrics! Aren't those fabrics cute?? I bet my next bag will go even faster. It is fully reversible and washable. She has a genius method for making the bottom of the bag sturdy and all the seams are double stitched for strength.
I will be making a few more of these bags this weekend {they are a great stashbuster project too!}. What are your weekend sewing plans?

Have a stitchin' weekend! See ya'll on Monday to show off your weekend sewing projects...
PS: Keyka Lou is not a sponsor... I just love her patterns that much!