Journey of Quilting

Hexagon Piecing

While I'm waiting on my sewing machine part, I can't just sit and do nothing. Right?
I've admired hexagon quilts for some time and I'm even making a half-hexagon quilt right now. I love hand piecing and hand quilting so last night I figured I would try my hand at English paper piecing hexagons.

Good grief it's addicting! In about an hour, I made 27 of these 1.5 inch hexagons.
They are quick to make and easy to attach to each other if you know a basic whipstitch. I don't know what I'm going to do with these yet so I'll just keep making them until a great idea comes to me. :)
These really aren't my colors but they are very spring feeling and happy. I can't see making an entire quilt with these colors but maybe a cute pillow for my daughter's room... I'll have to consult her because I'm sure she will have an opinion. LOL