Journey of Quilting

It's Done!

My first try at free motion quilting is a success! Quilted, bound, washed, and dried... and it's still in one piece. I will count that as success for sure!

This modern baby quilt is for one of my husband's co-workers baby shower. It makes me feel good that this is what he wanted to give her. It's nice when someone has confidence in your work isn't it?

You can definitely tell (or at least I can) where I started quilting and where I finished quilting. My stitches and overall motion improved as I went along. I know that "rhythm" fellow quilters are talking about now. :)

We have had a record winter around here. 14 inches of snow in a day is a new record for North Texas. My daughter has had two snow days so mixed in with quilting have been snow angels, snowball fights, and of course a snowman.

It's been a lot of fun! Even for the Beagle boys, Gus & Buddy...