Journey of Quilting

Birthday {Girl}

Chaney turns 8 today! I can hardly believe it.

We gave her sewing machine to her on Sunday and it was a huge hit.

Seriously.

She has talked non-stop about nothing but sewing since she made her first stitches Sunday evening. I've never seen her like this and she keeps saying, "I'm so proud... I'm so proud of myself!". It's the cutest thing ever.

I made her a sewing machine cover with pockets on the front to keep her small notions in. We are sharing my studio so we need to keep things somewhat organized.
You can find the tutorial for the cover over on Sew We Quilt today. It was a lot of fun to make and it came together quickly.

Last night we started and finished her first project. She picked out all the fabric and we made a pillowcase, French seams and all. I did the cutting and ironing and Chaney did the rest. I guess she's been watching me closer than I thought because she pretty much knew what to do. She did great!! Her machine sews beautifully, BTW.
She is now begging me to write a post so I'm sure ya'll will be seeing her around here soon... ;)

I'm so proud of her for so many reasons. Sewing together is just the icing on the cake.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! I'm so blessed that I get to be your mom...