Journey of Quilting

Holiday Transition I...

Bringing branches in from outdoors and tying skeleton leaves (magnolia) onto the tips was a way to say "goodbye to autumn"...
seeing through the leaves to another season

a shrine of sorts erected by chance... who knew!

i do flip through some of these books... but having a little of my religious grouped together just seemed to invoke a sense of Christmas... does it not??

it's my absolute favorite piece of art in the house... my husband bought it for me on my birthday a number of years ago... it is an original lithograph... signed... with a gold border of daisies
this art used to be in my dining room, but moving Her into the living room, and taking down all my original oil on canvases really was a Christmas transition from autumn to winter/holiday season...
the rest of this month, and into December, I will be featuring different ideas to help transition from autumn to winter decorating... and don't expect a lot of money involved! Those leaves were only $4 and everything else was just ushered in from other places in our home...
Hope you are all having a wonderful day so far!! if not... why not start now?
xo+blessings,