Journey of Quilting

Time Saver

First, thank you all so much for your kind words about my new quilt and pattern! Yesterday was so much fun to check in here, read the comments and get emails notifying me of my pattern being purchased. :) I'm still working on replying to the comments too...

I keep meaning to post about my biggest time saver because I haven't seen other bloggers talking about this cool little gadget. I get a lot of questions about how I fit quilting into my busy life and this is definitely one of the ways I maximize my time. For around $50, I purchased this at Joann's so I could cut strips, squares, rectangles, etc. I am able to cut multiple layers and the cuts come out perfectly each time {unless there's user error!}.

It uses a normal rotary blade and that bar you see is magnetic so it snaps down and securely hold the fabric in place. I can easily cut a lap size quilt in about an hour and I don't get the aches and pains from standing and cutting fabric with a rotary cutter. Genius!

BTW, did ya'll notice that I have a big girl blog domain now? It seemed a little weird at first but it sure makes everything easier. But don't worry, there's nothing my followers or readers need to change because my hubby is super smart and pointed everything back to blogspot. He's the best!