Journey of Quilting

Barter... from farm to city

Bartering is alive and well! at least at Farm it is...
Instead of my husband trading his woodworking for a cow, or my hand sewn quilt for my children's education...

it's jewelry...

... just for me...

in return for a skirt, sewn by me...

When I first started blogging, and looking around at other's handiwork, I noticed

Tracy's sense of style with jewelry... her art... her hand made pieces are uniquely beautiful, and I compare them to what I see in Sundance... except, I'm able to know the artist... personally...

I first contacted Tracy to tell her how I liked her jewelry... then I decided I want one... soooo... I asked her "how does the barter system sound?"...
and to my surprise, she accepted!

being this was the first time making a skirt for someone outside of my close circle of friends and family, I was a wee bit nervous (to put it lightly)... God bless her... she lost weight, and the skirt is a little big (better that than the other)... she seems happy with it... and I am more than thrilled with my end of the deal...

she even created some drop earings with my favorite turquoise jem inside... and... an adorable Autumn Greeting sign:

and she has many other items she creates... at her Online Shop...

Thank you Tracy for this beautiful gift of your art, warmth and creativity... and barter...