Journey of Quilting

Hop, Skip, Jump

Blame it on the bad summer TV line up, the hot weather, or the lack of air conditioning in my office the past few days... whatever it is, I can't seem to stop making quilt tops. I have never been in this situation; I normally make one and then quilt it.

But right now it seems that I have an overload of inspiration and all the right fabrics. This quilt is obviously inspired by Denyse Schmidt's Hop, Skip, Jump quilt and while I have her pattern, I winged it instead because of my strong dislike of templates.

I started piecing the top this past weekend and here it is! And let me add, I'm rather proud of myself because I managed to use my hubby's fancy camera to take a half-decent picture without his help... I'm just not going to mention my confusion over the "subject too dark" notation on the screen that mysteriously disappeared when I removed the lens cap.

You can stop laughing now... ;)