Journey of Quilting

WIP Wednesday

I finished all the cross blocks for my Old + New quilt last night. After taking this picture I felt that I was missing some darker colors so the final blocks I made were either purple or grey. I highly recommend taking a picture of your quilt in progress if you are having trouble with the layout. There's something about seeing your quilt in a photo as opposed to right there in front of you...

I'm really excited about completing this quilt top tonight. I love how it's coming together. Everything about this quilt is different for me... the colors, the liberated style, the different sized blocks... it's been a real growth experience for me. :)

Sorry for the horrible picture... I sew at night mostly and so the light obviously isn't good. I promise to take some good pictures of the final top after it's sewn together!