Journey of Quilting

This & That

We are off to a great start this summer! I see a lot of bloggers commenting about how they have less time to sew during the summer but I'm pretty much the opposite. There's nothing better than getting home and having no homework, softball, etc. and Chaney asking me if we can go upstairs to sew. Be still my heart...

I've been working on this quilt and I've almost got the top completed. The pattern is also almost done and will be in the hands of some kind and capable testers soon. And BTW, thank you for all your offers to test the pattern! I made a list and will keep everyone in mind as I write more patterns. :)

I usually dislike sewing rows together for a quilt top but I loved putting these rows together. I guess some of it was the excitement of the unknown and watching a design come together. This has been a really fun quilt to make so far.

In other news, all my allergy tests {I'll spare you the pics of the skin tests. You're welcome!} are done and it turns out that I'm very allergic to a lot in my environment. Anaphylaxis from environmental allergies is "rare" which makes me very "interesting" to my doctor. I'm so glad I could entertain him. ;) His theory remains that something I am allergic to in the environment, cross-reacted with something I ate that night.

So, since I can't order food sans dust mites, mold, various grasses, or pollens, I just have to be very diligent about carrying my Epipens. That's not that big of a deal to me anymore because it's become a habit quickly... and I have cute things to carry my pens in. ;)

And last but not least... what is it with this song?? I'm not a big radio person but I will stop on the station anytime I hear it. I suppose it might have something to do with thinking about how Steve and Chaney sing this song together as loud as they can when they are driving around. Cute things like that will always make me smile. :)