Journey of Quilting

Teacher Appreciation!

I originally had no special plans for this table runner. And then my daughter saw it completed and insisted that it be for her teacher because these are her favorite colors. She is such a sweet girl!

This week is Teacher Appreciation week and boy, we certainly appreciate her teacher. Kindergarten is a big jump; especially for the parents. But Mrs. Watson has made this year a great one. My daughter LOVES school and I can only pray that her upcoming teachers are as good as our first one. :)

So this runner is headed school, carried by a very proud little girl who loves to give handmade gifts. That makes me smile...

...and so does the little block that says "Air Mail".

I quilted this with a simple free motion meandering pattern. And BTW, I think I've finally found tension perfection on my machine!! I bound it with more Heather Bailey fabric and I really like the bright yellow and white against the darker colors of the runner.