Journey of Quilting

Quilt Festival Time!

If you are a new visitor, welcome! And if you are a loyal reader, thanks for playing along with an "old" quilt. I can't believe this is my third time to enter the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I've come to look forward to it each time and Amy always does a fabulous job of organizing this event.
Today I found it fitting to share my favorite quilt, Serendipity. When I made this quilt, simply put, I was having a bad day. I started with a stack of fabric and started cutting with no real plan. A weekend later I had my favorite quilt and my first quilt pattern available to purchase.
Why is it fitting to share this quilt? Well, I've been struggling a lot lately and sometimes I think we all need the reminder that even in the midst of struggles we can find still unexpected surprises and provisions... bits of serendipity if we will just stop and look. That is what this quilt means to me.

I used Essex linen for the solid and a mix of blue, green and yellow prints from some of my favorite lines.

I quilted it with simple straight lines that came together to form a unique secondary pattern.

I backed it with the softest vintage sheet and bound it with one of my all time favorite prints from Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley line.
Thanks for reading along and may you find your own bit of serendipity today!