Journey of Quilting

Vintage Love

Do you ever feel guilty finding a steal of a deal at a thrift store? See that navy gingham fabric?

I paid $1.49 for the bolt of 15 yards.

Yep, you read that right. That's roughly .10 per yard. Guilty.

It's beautiful fabric and although the bolt is very old, it's in great condition. So the least that I can do is to make some Jane Market Bags from this fabric.

It pairs so nicely with Greenfield Hill that I bought from Fresh Squeezed Fabrics.
The ribbon trim on the pocket was purchased a few years ago in Solvang, CA...

The handles are linen and the lining is from my Swell stash.

The pattern is by Alicia Paulson and I will definitely be making more of these bags. Isn't it cute all hanging there just waiting for me to take it on a weekend outing?

Have a Stitchin' Weekend!