Journey of Quilting

Quilting Without Obligation {the community}

Welcome if you have made your way here from another link or blog! I also happen to be guest posting today...
If you have been a reader here for awhile you have probably read my take on Quilting Without Obligation. In the year since I wrote the original series of course some things have changed... I have grown, you have grown, new trends have surfaced, and probably the most exciting change is that there are more new quilters in our crafty community! But even with these changes the underlying theme remains the same for me.
I Quilt Without Obligation .

without obligation to a certain designer...

... fabric line...

... a trend ...

... the popular crowd ...

... a sponsor ...

... a label ...

My only obligation is to myself and the people that I love. And when it comes to quilting, my only obligation is to the quilts I make and all the quilt-type things that make me happy. Pretty simple.

There have been a lot of discussions around blogland as of late in regards to quilting, quilting trends and why we quilt. Some have been very positive, some very interesting, while others have turned quite negative.

As I watched one thread of comments turn more and more negative I found myself thinking:

I wish there was a way to tell who the nice quilters are... the quilters who are inclusive... who embrace new quilters... who quilt for themselves... who focus on the positives that our hobby offers... who aren't perfect and aren't afraid to show it... who are they?
I wish there was a quilting community effort to be more inclusive, encouraging, and positive!

I guess that might sound silly but what I'm really after are the quilters who do their own thing without obligation; for the art of quilting. Now, "without obligation" will mean different things to different people. I made my list above but I'm curious, what does your list look like??
Very similar to Rossie's Process Pledge, I thought it would be fun to make an individual statement if you are on board with quilting without obligation. If you are in feel free to add your blog link below... it's super easy! Just click the blue "add your link" button and follow the instructions. :)

I would also love to hear your comments on what "without obligation" looks like in your own quilting life.

And if you would like, you are welcome to grab the badge as positive statement and a personal reminder of who you are as a quilter. You can find the badge over there on the right side of my blog... just copy and paste the code in the box on to your own blog.

I'm really excited to see where this community effort goes because even though we are all different, I hope that we can agree that quilting is not a contact sport...
If you have any questions about adding your link or the badge just comment or email me!