Journey of Quilting

A New Quilt!

I am so happy with how this quilt turned out! It is already in the hands of the recipient and I'm pretty sure it is a keeper. :)

It measures 60 x 70 and it is the largest quilt I have made so far...

I used close to 800 yards, yes 800 yards, of thread! I vastly underestimated the amount of thread it would take to quilt these lines. I also underestimated the time as I put close to 8 hours of quilting time into this quilt. Quilting wasn't difficult, it was just time consuming. Line... after line... after line... LOL

I quilted my first line following the seams of the patchwork and from there I spaced them .25 - .50 of an inch apart. I had my reservations at first about quilting straight lines or organic lines on wonky blocks but I absolutely love how it turned out. The blocks were busy enough by themselves and I think that the straight lines gave the quilt a modern and cohesive look.

I branched out and tried some new techniques with this quilt ... I used a basting spray for the first time and I think I will use it again. The wonky blocks are also new for me. I'm a perfectionist at heart so "wonky" was a stretch; a stretch that I am glad that I made. :)

Thank you all for your encouragement, suggestions and comments as I made this quilt. It is so nice to have my blogging friends!