Journey of Quilting

On the Road to Spring Quilt

It's finished! And I love it.

This was my first quilt-along and it was a lot of fun. I'm actually finished a week ahead but only because this upcoming week is going to be a super-busy week. That and I couldn't wait to put the binding on and use my quilt... :)

These are all Denyse Schmidt fabrics from her line Hope Valley. The quilt measures 50 x 60 and I quilted it with an all-over meandering pattern. I really, really like free motion quilting now that I have the hang of it.

The backing and binding are both from my stash of Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party. It feels good to make quilts that are entirely from my stash. There are some gorgeous new fabrics out there but they will still be there when I'm ready to add some fabric back into my stash. At least I hope so...