Journey of Quilting

A Quilt-along

I am participating in the On The Road to Spring quilt-along. This is the first one I have ever been a part of and it has been a lot of fun. It's nice working on a project with a group of virtual quilting friends. I am a tad behind as this week is supposed to be basting week and I'm still piecing but I'm confident I'll be caught up by this weekend. :)

I love my fabrics! They are all from Denyse Schmidt's newest line, Hope Valley. The solid is quilter's muslin; I was torn between bright white and the muslin and I went with muslin because it feels a little more vintage which is the look I'm going for.
I am making this quilt a little bigger than the quilt-along specifications because with two dogs who think they are lap dogs, my husband, and then my daughter... a standard lap quilt just seems too small when we are all piled on the couches.
P.S... Please excuse the poor quality of the photo... I sew and take pictures at night during the week, hence the poor light. I promise better pictures when my quilt top is completed! :)

P.S.S... My husband is at the baby shower for his co-worker right now with the quilt to give. I'm sitting here at work am I'm actually nervous! Yeah, I know... I'm a dork like that. LOL I hope she likes it!