Journey of Quilting

Seeing {stars}

When I got the opportunity to review one of Eleanor Burns' books... rulers... etc.. I jumped at the chance. She's pretty much quilting royalty and I learned a ton from her books when I first started quilting.

When I went to her site to look, I kept going back to the Radiant Star book/pattern. I was more of a traditional quilter before I became a "modern" quilter so I'm still very drawn to traditional patterns... with a modern twist of course. ;)
So I read through the book last night and I'm ready to start planning this quilt. I often pull fabrics as I go but I'm thinking that this quilt requires a little more planning. So here's where I need your help!

Colors... {don't forget about the first picture up top!}

Solids?
Prints?
A combination of the two?

And BTW, sometimes I feel like I'm bragging when I talk about getting to do a review or receiving fabric to work with. I don't ever want to be that girl and that blog that people roll their eyes at because it looks like I get tons of free stuff {I don't!}. It's no fun to write or read about financial issues but let's just say that the things I sometimes receive are tremendous blessings at just the right time that allow me to continue to do what I love which is quilting. I will always do my best to give back to others too but I never want to come across the wrong way.

I feel better getting that off my chest. Thanks for listening!

And now back to the fun stuff! What do ya'll think?? I'm thinking that I'll use the lightest color of the palette as the background fabric. I don't want to use white because that's pretty predictable and not very conducive to a lot of use either so keep that in mind...

My hope is to make this queen size for our bed. I figure that if I'm going to make this quilt then I might as well go big. Now the question is whether or not I can actually make it in a day!