Journey of Quilting

Rooftops

Ever want to shout something from the rooftops? Like an injustice. Yeah, me too. But sometimes you can't always do that so when in doubt, make a quilt. :)

Remember this beautiful picture? I'm turning more and more to inspiration found in scenes from the world around us these days. For this quilt; it was both the colors and the rooftops set against the blues from the sea and sky.
I have always wanted to make a skinny quilt like the beautiful ones that Marit makes. This one measures 36" x 50" and it will be hanging on the wall along our stairs.

It's backed with a print from one of Denyse Schmidt's lines for Joanns.

I quilted it with random straight lines mixed with rising and falling diagonal lines that mimic the outlines of the various rooftops.

Starting the bottom of the quilt with various terracotta triangles and finishing the top of the quilt with blue skies and one single roof top was a last minute design decision and one I'm glad that I made. I like to think that it gives this simple quilt some added depth and texture.

I bound it with a tangerine and aqua striped fabric that I've had so long that I can't remember the line or the designer. I used my new Eleanor Burns ruler to make the bias strips and it was super easy.

I don't keep many of my quilts anymore but I'm so glad that this one is mine to keep!
Linking up for Crazy Mom's Finish it Friday. Have a wonderful weekend!