Journey of Quilting

Reason # 90...

... to organize your stash.

You turn the world upside down looking for Kona Ash only to find 5 yards of it in one of your cabinets. I've been meticulous about organizing my yards, fat quarters, etc... but I have yet to tackle my cabinet of yardage.

Randi was so kind to let me know that she has the ever elusive Kona Ash in her shop and I was just about ready to buy some when I decided to double check the cabinet of shame. Good thing I did but for all of ya'll who can't find it, Randi has some!

So with all that madness, I laid my star on top of the two shades of grey and decided that I liked the darker grey. I know.

Just to make sure I called in my creative team. Well, not really a team... just Steve and the two beagles who followed. Steve agreed that the darker grey made the star pop more. And yes, he really said "pop". He speaks quilt! Isn't he the best??

Adding the squares and triangles to the star wasn't bad at all. The Y seams were no big deal. The worst part was cutting the large pieces of fabric. So now it's dark and windy so ya'll will have to settle for a sneak peak.

Anyways... someone won the book and ruler and they get to make this quilt too! I used the highly scientific method of asking Chaney to pick a number from the number of entries.

Her answer: number 90
NeedledMom! Congrats to you! If you will email me your address, I'll pass it along and have your book and ruler on their way.

Thank you to everyone who entered!