Journey of Quilting

A Swell weekend...

Well, sort of... Steve seems to have come down with the crud. Strep is running rampant at his office so when he woke up sick yesterday, I forced encouraged him to go to the Dr. so he could hopefully catch it early. He's on antibiotics now and I'm SO hoping that they do the trick because I miss my funny, easy-going Steve. So this weekend was an odd one but I did manage to squeeze in some quilting.
Actually quilting a quilt is my favorite part of making a quilt. If I had an endless supply of quilt tops, I would be in heaven. I've had my quilt along quilt basted for some time and it sat patiently waiting for its turn. It's a big quilt so I needed a slot of time where I could work on it without having to take it off my machine and I finally had that chance this weekend.

I free motion quilted it which is now my go-to method because it's quick and it's so relaxing... at least for me. Chaney doesn't care for it because it's louder than straight lines so she's not able to hear the TV as well. Poor kid. ;)

I'm about half-way done hand stitching the binding on so hopefully I'll have a finished quilt to share sometime this week. We are actually expecting freezing rain/sleet/snow tomorrow and I'm dying to get a quilt-in-the-snow picture like I see on so many other blogs. Maybe tomorrow will be my chance!

I hope everyone had a great {sickness-free} weekend! Happy Fabric Tuesday!!