Journey of Quilting

Chair {Redux}

I had a loney little craft chair that Steve's aunt passed along to us {thanks, Aunt Jody!}. I wish I had taken a before picture but I didn't so let's just say that it needed a little sprucing up. But like they say on the design shows, the "bones" were good.
I bought some Mexican oilcloth on Etsy some time ago with no real purpose; I just liked it. The colors are bright against the black background and of course, it's easy to care for. I had never re-covered any sort of furniture but I figured it couldn't be too hard. And I was right. :) It's a lot like wrapping an oddly shaped package.

I used a cheap staple gun that I bought at Hobby Lobby and went to work. I'm sure Steve was sitting downstairs listening all the stapling going on and probably cringing because I am the same person who managed to quilt myself to a quilt. I bet I used a few too many staples but I'm pretty sure this chair won't need to be re-covered anytime soon. ;)
Me: Look, honey! The chair looks great doesn't it?

Steve: Yeah, but where did you get a table cloth and why did you cover a chair with it?

Me: That's not a table cloth. It's Mexican oilcloth!

Steve: Maybe more like a Mexican tablecloth.
Me: You aren't allowed to sit in my new chair...

And did you notice?? It matches perfectly with my City Stops quilt.

Tablecloth... oilcloth... whatever... it was meant to be. :)

Pictures taken on my iPhone using Hipstamatic. LOVE that app!