Journey of Quilting

Aunt {Edna}

So I went to Joanns over lunch to do some more crack research for my blog. Right?

Right. ;)

Actually I was in search of what is apparently gold in the form of Kona Ash. I have had the hardest time finding it in a store and I wanted to use it for the main background in my radiant star quilt.

I still didn't find it and settled on Kona Medium Grey. I'm still not sold so to ease my disappointment, I picked up 1/2 a yard of Denyse Schmidt's new line, Aunt Edna.

I love these tiny dots and all the prints are from a really nice color palette.

The other thing I love... the fabric quality is back! After being a little disappointed with the quality of some of the fabrics from the last lines compared to her first for Joanns, I feel confident to put this fabric in quilts again and not worry about how it will hold up over time.

Hopefully I'll love the medium gray and I'll get most of the quilt top finished tonight. If I do, I'll share pictures tomorrow and I will give away a copy of the book and ruler.

And if I don't... well, I'll just give away the book and the ruler to feel better about not finishing the top!