Journey of Quilting

That Quilt Along {Week 6}

1. Quilting in progress, 2. On the Road to Spring quilting, 3. Wonky 9 patch quilting, 4. Quilting in progress, 5. Hexagon Table Runner, 6. Woodgrain quilting

Welcome to week 6 of That Quilt Along... Quilting your quilt!

There are lots of ways to quilt a quilt so instead of trying to figure out a way to show you each technique myself, I thought I'd feature some great tutorials.

  • Free motion quilting - one of my favorites. I learned from Randi and her quilt along. Her pictures and instructions are fabulous!
  • Straight line quilting - a walking foot is a must. Amy has a great tutorial and pictures...
  • Tying a quilt - very simple if you are afraid of machine quilting. Angry Chicken has a great tutorial...
  • Stitch in the ditch - the Purl Bee has a great tutorial on this...
  • Grid layout - Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts demonstrates this beautifully!
  • Hand quilting with purl cotton - bigger stitches with beautiful thread make a big impact. Anna Maria Horner has probably the prettiest tutorial I have seen...