Journey of Quilting

Hello {Kitty}

I'm so super excited! Chaney has been asking me when I'm going to teach her how to sew for the past 6 months or so.

A few times I thought about teaching her on my machine but it's a heavy duty machine that sews two speeds... fast and faster. It still scares me sometimes!

I've seen the Hello Kitty Janome and always thought it was cute but I wondered about the quality. It has good reviews but it always helps to hear from someone you know. I asked Facebook what to do and Ginger told me that she loves her Hello Kitty so I was sold.

I'm an easy sell just in case you were wondering. ;)

So Hello Kitty is on her way! Chaney's birthday is December 13th and I can't wait to give it to her. I'm thinking that 8 is a great age to start sewing. Plus she's always volunteering me to make her friends bags, notebook covers, pillowcases, etc. Now I can just tell her to sew the things herself.

But of course I'm totally kidding because she will always be supervised. So don't go sending me emails telling me that she's going to sew her fingers because I'm totally That Mom who worries and frets about safety.

And besides, there is no family history of stitching ourselves unless you count that little free motion quilting incident.

I'm really looking forward to teaching her and having another activity to do together that we both enjoy. And from what I've heard, it sews great so I might be sneaking some sewing time on her machine too.

Have a wonderful weekend! Oh, and I'll have week 4 instructions for our quilt along up tomorrow.