Journey of Quilting

Disclosure

I finished two quilts this weekend. YAY! But in my feverish free motion quilting yesterday and in the spirit of full disclosure: I had a bit of a sewing emergency.
Steve was outside supervising the hanging of the Christmas lights {which is another post for another day...} and Chaney was down the street at a friend's house. Buddy & Gus were in the back yard howling at the people on our roof and I was in my studio sewing away. And then it happened... my needle went through a few extra layers of fabric and I was stuck. I quilted my sleeve to the quilt.
I'm a bit of a whirlwind when I'm quilting and my scissors were no where to be found. My phone was across the room or I would have taken a picture of my predicament and then I would have called Steve.

So with one arm stitched to the quilt I started to panic... no scissors, no phone, no one around. By chance, with my free hand, I reached underneath the quilt and found my seam ripper. PHEW! It took me several minutes to extricate myself from the quilt and the machine but I lived to tell about it.

When Steve came back inside I told him what I did and he just shook his head and laughed. And then as he was walking away I heard him say, "if I had a blog, I'd blog about that...".

I'll show one of the new quilts tomorrow. I'm SO excited about how it turned out and I can't wait to share the story behind it.