Journey of Quilting

Chasing Chevrons {a quilt along}

So, I have the sketch of our quilt along done! I've had this pattern rolling around in my head for awhile now. I originally intended to turn it into a "real" pattern but this has been a tough year for me and everyone who reads here has been so supportive so I wanted to give a little something back. :)

Just like our last quilt along, we will go step by step. We will cover the basics of quilting as we go. Even if you have never made a quilt, you can definitely jump right in.

We will be done in time for Christmas... a quilt always makes a wonderful gift! However, don't feel pressured to keep up because a quilt in January, February, March, etc... is awesome too. And as always, a finished quilt is better than a perfect quilt.

  • Week 1: Color talk, choosing your fabric & fabric amounts needed
  • Week 2: Cutting your fabric & piecing your blocks... lots of tips on piecing and 3 different methods for making your blocks
  • Week 3: Sewing your rows & assembling your quilt top
  • Week 4: Making your quilt backing & basting your quilt
  • Week 5: Quilting your quilt... tips and techniques for machine & hand quilting
  • Week 6: Binding... by machine or by hand
There will be a lot of flexibility in the design, the colors, and even the fabric selections. You could use scraps, solids, vintage linens... it will be a lot of fun to see what everyone comes up with.

We will be using the Flickr group again where we can show our progress, get questions answered and of course, get plenty of encouragement. Each week I'll put together a mosaic of the group's progress to share here so head on over and join the group if you aren't a member already!

If you want to quilt along just comment on this post and let me know. I'll be adding a blogroll on my blog that will include each quilt along member's blog or Flickr so that we can visit each other, see what else everyone is working on, and make some new friends. :)

edited to add: If you want, I have the quilt along badge up on my right sidebar ready to grab. I made it using this tutorial and the same tutorial also tells you how to add the badge to your own blog.