Journey of Quilting

Black Friday

Dear Black Friday,

I get it. I really do. You want me to spend money. When I woke up this morning I had 32, count them, 32 love notes in my email inbox all begging me to shop at each and every store. I won't be doing that though because I'm working today.

However, I did venture to Joann's today to buy quilt batting... because I needed it. Who knew that there were so many people crazed by the thought of thread and other craft store knick knacks on sale?? I got my shoes {my cute dress shoes} run over by a crazy woman pushing a cart. I nicely said "excuse me" and her only response? "Door busters end in 10 minutes."

Black Friday, do you see what you are creating? It's night of the living dead in each and every one of our stores. Zombies walking around in their PJ's with their hair sticking up and un-brushed teeth mumbling something about busting doors; it's downright weird.

I got my quilt batting but believe me, I will plan ahead next year and buy my batting before hand to avoid the Black Friday zombies who have reduced Christmas to a % sign. Black Friday, my toes hurt and I expect you to make it up to me in the form of a foot rub later tonight.

Sincerely,
That Girl