Journey of Quilting

a little bit of Christmas...

the feeling of Christmas has started early here...

it started as soon as that wonderful smell of gingerbread was baking in my oven

what is it about these little guys that makes me chuckle? they are funny to me... little gingerbread people

i adapted an old recipe i had and am super happy with the way they came out... fluffy/thick/delicious!

i will be selling them all bagged up and ready for you at Christmas in the Alley this weekend in Sycamore

If you haven't been to Sherrie's store, A Ruffled Nest, it is completely all decked out for Christmas... as I have been over there helping her get things ready... all I can say is it is SO fun in there and having other dealers participate next door amongst the twinkly lights and live sounds of Christmas... going in and out of the old brick buildings while meandering through all the Christmas decorations... well... it's going to be so much fun I cannot wait!

My daughter has made the most delicious homemade hot cocoa mixes she has nestled inside vintage mugs that will be there for sale at Christmas in the Alley...

each mug with 2 generous helpings of cocoa for those chilly evenings (with mini marshmallows and a candy cane:) are $10 each

she has also made some snow globes from vintage mason jars! (I'll be sharing that tomorrow)

Jason has also been working on some terrific handmade/ hand carved gifts...

there are knives, baby spoons, honey dippers, serving spoons, buttons, lunch boards, cutting boards, rolling pins... We are so very excited to share these with you!!

more information on all of Jason's hand carved items and the other items, will be all up this week...

everyone is feeling creative... and getting back to crocheting and knitting in the early mornings before we start school...

there is always a hearty breakfast... and to see the kids work together like this every morning warms my heart more than any cup of coffee...

on a personal note, a new fitness regime has started... and it's due to how baby Daniel isn't snuggling up to his Mama to nurse any longer... it's always such a sad time for me... I already miss him warm in my arms... his independence is surfacing... as is his personality!! He has this laugh that is hilarious... like a sneaky laugh "hah hah"... if I can catch him, I'll record it, because it cracks me up...

he'll sit there in my bedroom and hide from me... I'll say "where's Daniel... I don't see him anywhere??" and I hear in the closet a slight "hah hah"...

I don't know what is going to be more time consuming for me this week;
preparing for Advent
or baking for Christmas in the Alley

I have been changing up the decorating around here too... it's been a lot of fun putting up new curtains... moving furniture... totally changing up my bedroom too...

sharing all of it in good time...

hope you all had wonderful Thanksgiving weekend... we all needed that break around here!!!!

xo+ a bit of Christmas blessings,