Journey of Quilting

Wedneday Words {hooking}

This past weekend Steve and I took Chaney and her best friend to San Antonio. Steve works for an amazing airline with great perks... some of which include hopping on a plane last minute for free and discounts everywhere when we travel. :)

So off we went on the first flight out on Saturday morning. That involved getting two 8 year olds up at 5:15am. No small feat and apparently they needed Starbucks just as much as Steve and I did.

We landed and picked up a rental car... some huge Ford thing with a third row that the girls claimed as their own. It worked out well. We couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear us. Score.

It was raining and the thought of Sea World in the rain made me exhausted thinking about Fiesta Texas the next day. Hence my proposal...

Me: We can all do Sea World today and maybe tomorrow you can take the girls to Fiesta Texas.

Steve: And what will you do??

Me: Fredericksburg. It's close. And remember all that fabric and other cool stores??

Steve: Sure, you can do that tomorrow.

Me: Really?!

Steve: Yeah, right after I take your credit cards.

Me: But how will I buy fabric then?

Steve: That's your problem.

Me: Fine. I'll just make a sign and stand on the corner in downtown Fredricksburg.

Steve: And what would that sign say?

Me: "Will hook for fabric"

Before I could convince him that I was talking about crochet of course, my plans for Fiesta Texas were immediately set in stone. Fortunately for all involved it didn't rain on Sunday and we had beautiful weather.

So even with the lack of fabric and street corners, it was a fun weekend!