Journey of Quilting

My Giant Granny Panties {quilt}

This quilt was a lot of fun to make! It came together quickly and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. This is a quilt you could easily make on a quiet weekend.
It's funny... I posted a picture of the finished quilt on Instagram this weekend and someone commented that it looks like a giant granny square block. Yep... hence the name.
It finishes at approximately 64" x 64" which is a big quilt for someone short like me. Steve and I can easily share it and you can just imagine how those jokes go with a name like Giant Granny Panties... ;)

The squares are 7" finished which is one of the reasons it's so easy and fast to make. The other reason is strip piecing which is a technique I use whenever I can. It's also fun to quilt with those big squares!

But what I'm most proud of is the quilting.
I've been quilting almost 5 years now and I'm self taught. I was never even brave enough to touch a sewing machine until then. I say all that to tell you that anyone can quilt! It's just practice and patience. And that's one of the biggest reasons I do quilt alongs; to help even the newest quilter make a quilt.

Granny's got back! I backed my quilt with a vintage sheet.

I bound it with the infamous plaid binding...

If you quilted along with me I hope you had as much fun as I did! If you didn't, I always leave my quilt alongs up on my blog so you can go back anytime and make one of my quilts.
Oh, and tomorrow is an exciting day around here! My Dizzy Diamonds pattern will be available and Sew Lux Fabrics will be offering two kits, a modern fabric mix and a Christmas fabric mix, for this fat quarter friendly pattern. Yay!!