Journey of Quilting

Word-full Wednesday

This might be my favorite time of year. Supposedly kids go back to school in the fall but I can't really call it that when we are working on 20 consecutive days of 100+ degree heat. But whatever season this is, I love it.

We went school supply shopping already and this weekend we will be following our annual tradition of buying new Vans {love those shoes!} in multiple colors to match new school outfits. And BTW, these new clothes are looking less and less little girl and more and more like a cool first grade kid... *sniff*

I'm coaching my daughter's softball team this fall and we had the coaches meeting last night. The team color? Green... lime green... some of you who know me well enough know that this is not my favorite color. But despite the color, I am SO excited about the season. Practices start next week so wish me luck teaching softball to 10 five and six year old girls!

On the sewing front, I get my machine back today! I have kept myself busy this week by hand-sewing the binding on my hexagon table runner which was quite the task with all those corners and angles. It was a lot of work but it turned out beautifully and the runner has already found its place on my coffee table. Look for a tutorial on binding hexagons very soon... ;)

PS: I'm taking suggestions for the softball team name... I liked the Grasshoppers but I was informed by Chaney that it wasn't "girly" enough. LOL