Journey of Quilting

summer entryway...

it can sometimes be the messiest place in the house, but it is still the first room people walk into at this old farmhouse...
the scent of lavender is adorning my entry right now...

An old wire and metal garden gate got tucked behind a folding wood table, that I skirted with some antique French linen... and it is just what I needed to create a new look in my entryway...

(the glare was terrible from the front door... sorry!!)I brought in a statue of an angel from the potager, my wooden dough bowl from Romania, two potted boxwood basil, and a few other objects that where getting lost in other places of the home...

like this silver goblet from Hungary, which originally was held high filled with wine by my great-grandmother at her wedding celebration in Hungary...
it's the oldest family heirloom I own...

soon the rustling of grasses and the scent of freshly picked apples will be in place of the hydrangeas and lavender in the entry, but for now, it's still summer...

xo+blessings,