Journey of Quilting

there is a reason...

It can be 10:44pm when the baby has just fallen asleep when I sit down to write/type here

It can be 5am with the baby nestled within my arms when I type with one hand here

All I know is that I write whatever is on my mind

there is a good reason why I am not an accountant... a lawyer... or in politics

and actually, those aren't things I do while being a mother to my six children and wife to the most patient man on the planet

sometimes I think it is so strange the way I wake up or the way I sit

it's never the same... someone is always popping into my lap or needing to talk (or ask for something)

now you are going to think I'm weird (and maybe I am) but today when I cleaned off my bookshelves and just put up 4 flower frogs I found tucked behind all this scrap fabric... it made me love it

love the simplicity of my life

what??! what seriously did I just say... simplistic life? yes... and you know why??? because I know that I am not here to be successful

or beautiful

or save the world

or perfect

but I am here

and I am here to know God... to love Him... and to serve Him in this world

AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE?
i am me
no one else will ever be me (thank God right?)
AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE?

there will NEVER be ANYONE ELSE like you

and if no one tells you this today, I will:
I love you

tell those around you that you love them... because when you love them, you love Him... when you love Him then you have come to know Him and you are serving Him