Journey of Quilting

no need for the weather man...

this was the look down our driveway the other day...

from the west... it was coming...

these photographs are NOT altered... my husband was outside taking these pictures like some sort of storm chaser... let's say, we can call him an "extreme farmer"

We had the kids go in the basement... and I was frantically pushing my tomato cages (all of them) into the ground as far as I could... tipping over birdbaths... taking in tables... removing glass from any table tops outside

it was quite the workout

the winds starting bursting at @40mph

then I looked up, and this is what I saw...

my husband looked at me, and said "start praying"

he NEVER says that to me through a storm... he's actually chased tornadoes before!

the winds were calculated at 70mph in our area at this time
hhhhmmmm... I wonder why??

without delay, I ran into the basement... with all our important documents (birth certificates, home insurance files, etc)

After it passed, this is what we saw...

he sure knows how to capture a storm

don't ever expect me to do the same

I'll be in the basement with the kids thank you very much

sad news though:
our little summer house has seen better days, and I was planning on using that for more dealers, but we think it would be best to stick with the horse barn for the upcoming October Sale.

one thing is for certain: there is no need for a weather man

~Hope you are all faring well~