Journey of Quilting

the Boho-Ball...

When I saw this above picture, I knew choosing the Friday night event as the Boho-Ball would be just what I needed...
not to party like a rock star
but to express creativity... explore ideas... create texture and depth... to combine organic elements with history...

why?

because I like rules... traditions... being conventional
but in my daily life of taking care of the children and the farm

but inside me, is still that little girl who vividly remembers imaging living in the woods behind my house while eating wild mushrooms and weaving flowers in my hair

when I was a child, I disliked rules and conventions, but somehow was able to live life like a wild playful child... but now... as a wife and mother, I have a quite peace
I still get inspired by many colors, and like combining different styles, rugged materials and sweet but delicate colors that evoke a cheerful mood

When I sat inside that hollowed out tree between my home and where my grandparent's lived (it was a short walk through the woods) the ambiance was always fun, relaxing and warm... splendid

I decorated that hollowed out tree with anything I had or found

now??
I decorate our barn

I know that the barn's styling isn't exactly what I have in my head... just like that tree was never exactly what I wanted it to look like
but it's an expression of a part of me... just like the Boho-Ball will be... with working with whatever I have or find

it is what's inside that counts...
and it's okay to dream

there will be lots of surprises that night, but one thing is for certain... I WILL be weaving flowers in my hair (even though I know I won't be as beautiful as her:) 

via bohemian bride there's only one life... and I am living mine... but always remembering my dreams...
who's with me!?!!

I know Fifi is... she just sent me this picture...

Boho-Ball: May 20th from 5pm-8pm
xo+farm blessings,