Journey of Quilting

better

sometimes life can be so serious

for me... it's serious a lot of the time... (that's what happens when you homeschool your five children, and live a traditional faith... to the best of my ability at least)


from my 2009 'in bloom' collection of girl's clothing

when you get close to people sometimes... open up yourself to them... you risk getting hurt

that's the risk I have to take, or I wouldn't find any connections would you?

it definitely makes you more guarded against getting close to others as much as you did before
however
life isn't about keeping with the same crowd...
after all... we aren't a school of fish... or part of a flock of geese that does the same thing each year

but people... with hearts and minds... to love, get hurt, grow and become better

i have spent the past few days at a mission...
there is a freshness that is surrounding my heart... a renewal...
just as spring is approaching, and the birds are beginning to start nesting here on the farm... i too am ready
ready for today
embracing today

xo+blessings,