Journey of Quilting

broken heart...

In October, my heart is usually beguiled by Autumn……but with only a few sunny days here upon the farm, the love I had was broken……..

Guarded, I reached for the opportunity to decorate my entryway with “flair”……..

How humble I became after the garden went through a complete frozen slumber one evening…………my heart just ached for those pleasurable vegetables... even the sweet sound of the birds have ceased………as well as the sound of my hands within the ground……

Through this humility, I put this “flair of decorating my entryway” to rest promptly after that frost, and wrapped my entry in simplistic love, with a saved fairy rose branch from under our mournful Madonna statue that resides in the garden, and an unearthed oriental plate from our many digs here on the farm, and that is all……

~may my mind never rest upon myself~