Journey of Quilting

Innocence...

Knowing how to sew, does come in handy on more than a few occasions, and this project for our oldest daughter was, well, not common...

you see, I wouldn't have picked out that style of dress for her, and probably wouldn't have chosen the lace (I actually tried to convince her otherwise), but her purely sweet demeanor fits this dress (after all said and done) and shows just what an innocent and pure joy she is to me, and I honestly feel honored to have been able to sew her something that does show her inner beauty...

She doesn't care about fashion...

Her look is her own... for the moment...

Loving things vintage as I do, but unable to find quality dresses in her size, she wanted what she wanted...
and after feeling dizzy looking at all the lush silks and taffeta material, we decided on the blue and white check...

the compliments she received the first day she wore it into town, were humbling...

I had ladies and gentlemen alike telling me "it's nice to see some femininity... " and "where ever did you find a dress like that... in France?"... (I blushed at that one)
I am not repeating those things for anything more than to justify the fact that you do not have to follow fashion... but allow yourself to be who you are, and be comfortable in whatever you want to wear... vintage... new... or hand-sewn...

my daughter is not used to such compliments, and was rather shying away from the idea of wearing this dress again due to the amount of unwanted attention the dress received...

But to me, it's not the dress, but her purity in both heart and soul...

She had the ability to teach me, that you have to do just be yourself, whether people like it or not... to explore your surroundings and notice that how you live, and who you are will show on the outside after you are comfortable on the inside... I'm sure you all had a wonderful weekend... ~thanks for stopping by~