Journey of Quilting

Wednesday Words {granny panties}



image found here  Do you ever have creative ideas running through your head? Ones that you know if you shared in real life, you would get funny looks from people?

That's why I blog. I can rattle stuff off to people who will {mostly} get me. However, I don't expect anyone to get that I dreamed about the proper use of semicolons last night.

True story.

I've been considering hosting another quilt along. They are always a lot of fun and you get to meet new quilters and even learn some new skills.

All of my quilts seem to carry an official name as well as an alternate name that I can't bring myself to name the quilt but it still sticks. Like "Balls to the Wall".

Enter a quilt along by the name of "Giant Granny Panties". I know... but every time I look at the design, that's all that I can think of. It's a different technique but based off of the traditional block that everyone has taken to calling a "granny square". Except it's only one granny square but really big; hence the name.

That's my first quilt along idea...

But then I blogged yesterday about the double wedding ring templates I also got some comments and emails about making that quilt as a group. No clever name there but it was also a consideration when I was buying the templates. It's a difficult quilt to make so why not surround myself with other quilters miserable with tedious templates? ;)

My hesitation there is that a quilt like that may exclude some that are intimidated by the pattern. But "Giant Granny Panties"... everyone would have fun making that quilt.

So what do you think? Which quilt along would you be more interested in? Or maybe we could just make both quilts and call the whole quilt along "Granny Panties on Your Wedding Night".

Yep. I just said that. Yet another reason why I blog.