Journey of Quilting

Done!

I don't think I've ever been more excited to finish quilting a quilt. This one was A LOT of work! Almost 2000 yards of thread... and every time I wound a bobbin, I kept telling myself that that one would be the last only to run out again. Stopping to change out a bobbin and/or wind more is such a beat down!

Anyways... I really love how the quilting turned out. It's dense but the quilt is still very soft and has a nice drape to it. I have decided that this is going to be my quilt. :) I sell or give away a lot of my quilts but I really like it and I don't think I could sell it for what I put into it time-wise.

I consulted Intsagram last night and the verdict was the tape measure binding which is what I was leaning towards, especially since this is going to be my quilt.
I have had this fabric for a long time but I've never been able to use it because it's very specific and not everyone likes tape measures or finds them cute. Kinda like the fabric with scissors on it... those prints always make me giggle because pretty much anyone but sewists and quilters would find sleeping under a quilt with scissors coming at them a little disturbing.

I'm going to cut the binding tonight and attach it and them I'm moving on to the next quilt. One down... two to go before our drive to camp and then vacation after that. Hand binding is one of my very favorite parts of quilting and I love to do that when we are on road trips. :)