Journey of Quilting

Some Easter Sewing...

We have a new baby in the family and I am having so much fun sewing for her! Have some extra quilt blocks laying around? Here's what I did with a few of them...

Add two quilt blocks, batting, bits of ribbon and leftover binding strips for the little tabs, quilt it and you have one very cute and reversible baby gift!

I would love to tell you more about how I made it but apparently there is a very territorial company that makes a version of this {definitely not quilt blocks or quilted!} and enjoys suing people who make these and share how it's done. Personally, I don't see what is so super secret but I'm just not in the mood to get sued. ;)

We had a wonderful Easter and I hope ya'll did too!

PS... thank you for all your thoughtful comments on my previous post. I'm working on reading and responding to each one!

Edited to add: Several of you have asked what this project is and that's a great question! Steve said the exact same thing when I showed it to him. :)

I'm trying to carefully avoid words that would cause said company to stumble upon me but here goes... it's a mini-quilt {not a blanket} made from two 12" x 12" quilt blocks and batting sandwiched together. Instead of using binding, I stitched the ribbons and bits of fabric to the edges of one block and then sewed all the layers together and turned it right side out.

Babies love having something small to hold and the ribbons and fabric tabs give them different textures and things to grab onto with their cute little hands. I won't be selling these but I do think it's a great way to use spare quilt blocks!