Journey of Quilting

Lucky {me}

Would you believe that I have never made a simple patchwork squares quilt?
I've always wanted to but somehow it has never made it to the top of my list. So when I was asked to make a custom quilt with 3" squares I was thrilled. My customer sent me fabric to use and she did a great job picking the different prints. There was even one really cool vintage plaid in there which always makes me happy.

The quilt finishes 36" x 54" and I believe it's going to be a wall hanging. I quilted it with a meandering free motion pattern. Simple quilting which really lets the squares stand out.

I even did a little bit of fussy cutting... and can you see that clover in the upper left hand corner of the picture?? I promise I didn't go hunting for a patch of clover to take quilt pictures in. I just found some grass and a brick wall behind my office and there it was. Lucky me!
Some of you who know me well are probably smiling at the fact that I made a "green" quilt. For those of you who don't know, green is not my favorite color but it's actually beginning to grow on me. And really, how can I resist when I'm working with such fun fabric??
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Don't drink too much green beer today... ;)