Journey of Quilting

Have a Stitchin' Weekend {project}

I need to start taking my lunch to work everyday. It's healthier and more economical. I can't say that I'm super excited about packing a lunch every night before {or in the morning} but I think I can be a little more motivated if I have something cute to put it in.

I made this little bag last night. It's the fabric version of a paper sack. Completely washable and re-usable so it's green too. And have your read all the reports about the plastic linings in lunch totes and how dangerous they can be?? I'm much happier having something that is chemical free touching my food.

The outside is made from vintage linens and the inside is lined with a slightly sturdier quilting fabric.

The little elastic tie is actually a hair tie. The button is vintage and it my favorite part of the bag.

So what will I be working on this weekend? A tutorial for making this lunch sack... a quilt... and if I have a little time maybe a new pattern too. What will you be working on?

See ya'll on Monday to link up your and show off your weekend projects. Have a stitchin' weekend!