Journey of Quilting

Crisis

Who knew that this little thing could cause such big problems?!?
I sat down at my machine last night to sew a quick project for my daughter's "Dr. Seuss Day" at school today. I pulled out my all-purpose presser foot, attached it, and then it fell off. Strange.
I tried again and more of the same. I pulled out another random foot and attached it and it worked. Hmmm... I finished the project with minimal swearing because of my baffled state of mind all while my trying-to-be-helpful husband is coming up with possible solutions all of which just made me feel crazier.

I put my daughter to bed and went back in to finish one of my small projects. I sewed one side with no problem. I pulled it off to trim some threads and went back to finish the other side and the presser foot I was just using was now falling off as well.

*Insert more than a few swear words*

Now helpful husband is telling me to just shut everything down and worry about it later. And I tried to do that. I really did. But a broken sewing machine is like another sick child to me. It's worrisome. And here's where I really go left... I start imagining that someone has sneaked into our home and used my sewing machine during the day while I was gone. That's the only logical explanation. That or the sewing fairies. Take your pick...

Yeah, I know. C-r-a-z-y

So my sweet husband, realizing that this evening is heading straight to hell, goes back into my sewing room and starts examining the shank. Turns out that I was not being sabotaged or attacked by the sewing fairies. Apparently the shank was bent just a bit but enough for it not to be able to grab onto presser feet. Phew!
A two pack of shanks are on their way to me now via Sewshop and all is well in the sewing world again. Crisis averted.

And for a smile... here is my sweet daughter headed to school to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday today.
In her own words, "you know, Mama, it's not everyday that you get to wear blue hair to school!"...
Oh to be in kindergarten again. :)