Journey of Quilting

Craftsy

Have you seen Craftsy?

On a whim I uploaded my patterns to their beta pattern page last week. They store the PDF and it's linked to my PayPal account. Someone buys a pattern, they download it themselves, and the designer gets paid.

So this morning around 2 AM my phone starts going crazy. I ignored the first few alerts but I finally got up to look and see what was going on and I saw a list of PayPal transactions.

My first thought was that my PayPal account had been hacked. But then I saw that they were payments. My second thought was that the account had been hacked by money launderers and they were putting funds into my account...

Can you tell that I work in investment banking?? Money laundering via quilt patterns! Ummm no, more like it was 3 AM and I was groggy... ;)

Anyways. For all my pattern writing friends, you might want to check Craftsy out. They don't charge a fee so all your money is your money to keep. That's pretty cool. And for all of you that love patterns, there are tons of them for embroidery, knitting, crochet, clothing, etc.

I've sold 31 44 patterns since 2 AM when Craftsy sent an email out that mentioned my Serendipity pattern. That's definitely a record for me and not a bad day's "work" either.