Journey of Quilting

simply with nature...

The colder weather and Christmas approaching doesn't 'freak me out'... does it you?
Instead of running around buying gifts, try buying from your favorite bloggers' shops that they have online...

seriously

you can buy anything from organic handmade soaps, to jewelry, to nostalgic items, to even macroons and books!

I'm not plugging my own shop... I just know why I do it, and hope that others do too...
"to support local businesses... " trust me... it's not about the money (that under $10 item I sold for the month of November, well, I'm not relying on that to feed these guys... it's just fun)


(a few years ago... i don't know about you, but I hate looking at the kids when they are so young... time goes so fast...)
I went out this past weekend with my sister-in-law and seriously couldn't even believe how much stuff in the stores were "made in china"
that really puts people in our free country out of business you know...
help support each other... by doing so, you are not only supporting small businesses, but also cutting back on the pollution that is involved with all that transporting from goods overseas to here...
not that I don't like the goods from other countries... just be conscious of what you are doing this holiday-
or better yet... do what we do, and not give but one gift per child and spend the weekend with them snowboarding and making memories...
it's just a good thing to look at the 'big picture' when it comes to this holiday season: don't get caught up in spending your money
but DO get caught up in the belief of the WHY we are celebrating
think about it: would you rather give your child a plastic toy with harmful chemicals on it to suck on and break a week (or sooner) after they get it from you?
or would you rather give your child your time together? making homemade hot cocoa and wrapping gifts for families that are in need?? let them know the word "charity" not "selfish" or "spoiled"

it starts at home, and to us here at the farm... its simply with nature...