Journey of Quilting

You know...

... it's gone too far

when you get a Flickr mail regarding this dress...
... offering to buy it from me for an un-Godly amount and not because it's an adorable handmade dress. Instead the reason was to cut it up for the Amy Butler fabrics {Temple Flowers & Pink Coriander}.

Now, I adore beautiful fabric just as much as the next quilter but seriously!

My wishful, hypothetical response:

You may buy it when you are able to pry it out of my 6 year old daughter's tiny, white-knuckled hands that have specific Judo training to ward off women who would like to cut her favorite dress to pieces for the fabric...

*backspace...delete...delete...*

My real response:

Thanks for your message but unfortunately I made this dress for my daughter and it is not for sale.

Happy Friday to all my bloggy friends!